SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Please contact Brian.Sellar@ed.ac.uk for information.
- Last Modified: 01/05/2017
- An early draft of the ReDAPT Tidal Site Charactersiation Report was archived by the ETI. The latest version is available HERE
- ReDAPT Reports and Presentations are available [ARCHIVES]
- DATA IS AVAILABLE from these pages for download [DATA]
- Data is in active use by researchers.
- Data is being improved continuously
- Data analysis tools will be available from these pages
- Collaboration is very welcome.
- Support in using the data sets / external data sets can be provided where joint publications (either academic or brief notes on industrial-end-use) are produced or data is exchanged etc.
- To download the data
- See [ARCHIVES] for the permanently archived data.
- Animation showing real field data measured from two seabed mounted ADCPs in the TEC rotor plane (approx. 40m distant each way). Surface elevation is shown from AST method. Vertical distances are to scale.
- SuperGen Marine Presentation: FloWTurb
- SuperGen Marine Presentation: Met-ocean Data Science in ORE
- ReDAPT: The Reliable Data Acquisition Platform for Tidal energy (ReDAPT) project was commissioned and co-funded by the Energy Technologies Institute (ETI) under their Marine Programme. ReDAPT was led by Alstom and included the University of Edinburgh (UoE), DNV-GL Renewable Advisory, EDF Energy, E.ON, Tidal Generation Ltd., Plymouth Marine Laboratory and the European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC). The project centred around a commercial scale (1MW) tidal turbine developed by Alstom deployed at EMEC's Tidal Test Site. ReDAPT produced a comprehensive suite of data on turbine operation, the flow field and the interaction between the two.